Friday, January 21, 2011

Santa Claw, World's Largest Claw Machine!

I like to think I'm ahead of things and find out about awesome new stuff before other people do. Apparently I dropped the ball on this one. No pun intended and you'll see why!

I was bored, surfing around some blog posts and I found this one from GemCityTiffany, which interested me greatly; a post about the WORLD'S largest claw machine!
Read her post for some great background info and pictures!:
http://gemcitytiffany.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/what-is-the-santa-claw/


So of course, I had to try it myself! The wait times are really long, each time I've been on, the wait time was about 6 or 7 hours, so I would sign on and go about my day. I played unsuccessfully twice, didn't even get close to grabbing anything, then I lost my turn a couple of times because I forgot about it and came back to the computer too late, oops.
So this afternoon I signed back on and just got to play a few minutes ago, let the live feed show (yes, you can watch people as they're playing, it's kind of addicting!) and looked around for which one I wanted to try to grab. Well, the weird thing is that the camera view you see while in line isn't the camera you see when you're playing; instead, you see a view straight down from the claw and another from the side of the machine. It's kind of hard to get your bearings the first couple of times.
But tonight, I centered the claw over one of the larger yellow balls, grabbed, the claw got it and...it got all the way to the area where it drops it down the chute and it bounced off the side and back into the machine. I thought for sure I lost yet again.
Then a video played and it gave me a congratulations message showing that I won!! I was so amazed that they counted that as a win!

Anyway, I will update with the prize that I get (probably a fun bouncy ball!), it should show up in about 2 or 3 weeks. You only get one prize no matter how many times you win and you can only receive your prize if you live within the U.S., but you can play as much as you want!

Go here to play and good luck!:
http://www.thesantaclaw.com/


Photo via thelaughingsquid:

1 comment:

Melody said...

That's crazy, yet awesome.